It’s a very special day today:) Why? Cuz I’ve got some amazing PROTEIN PACKED treats (in the form of recipes) for you using a fabulous new product that I’ve gotten a chance to fall in love with;)
I promise, Iftar reading through today’s special post, you will too, want to try this stuff out. ESPECIALLY MY PALEO FRIENDS!
May I introduce you to……APS. All Pro Science. PURE AMAZEBALL-NeSs!
100% GRASS FED WHEY for athletes and individuals trying to build lean muscle mass.
* With a whopping 23 grams of all-natural protein, and very low in sugar, it’s sure to create the perfect balance for optimal muscle performance.
I love my protein powders! You all know this. I believe that, if used propyl within a balance and clean diet, you can really see results in your body. Although I do, love a good protein shake after a workout……sometimes, I need the action of chewing involved. Lol. That’s why I love creating fun and yummy treats ( that feel like cheats) that I can munch on throughout the day,and still keep my protein numbers up.
*** If you are training…..REMEMBER:
You should be consuming at least 25 grams of protein per meal. 5x a day!
honestly, it doesn’t hurt to keep that way of thinking in general, even when not
I was so stoked when APS asked if I would be willing to try out the product! GRASS-FED? Ummmmmm DUUUUHHHHH
It’s so important to know what is going in your body, and with this product, there is no guessing!
Ok listen….lets keep this simple.
** comes from grass fed cows, not treated with hormones or antibiotics.
** low in sugar, and contains NO filters or artificial sweeteners.
** 23 grams of protein per serving
** comes in 4 delicious flavors: Strawberry Crème, Bavarian Chocolate, French Vanilla, and Banana Crème
** only 3 grams of sugar
** benefits include:
* Enhanced Physical Performance
* Promotes Stamina and Endurance
* Supports Muscle Recovery
* Preserves Energy Levels
When doing my research on this product, I came to realize how much our food system has changed! If you look at labels now, it’s hard to find products that don’t contain any soy, or high fructose corn syrup, and that all started as a way for manufactures to cut costs immensely. All that crap is cheap, and you DON’T need that in your body. Unfortunately a lot of these sports driven foods, like protein powders and supplements have a lot of these toxic fillers. YUCK!
Here we go…I’m about to loose my shit in the kitchen!
The thing with “French Vanilla Protein Powder” is that they all sort of taste the same to me. I like to switch up brands to see if I feel a difference between different “qualities” rather than “flavor. What I’m trying to say is,that you can tell this particular protein is better in quality.
The great thing about purchasing “Vanilla” is that, it can be used in sooooo many ways. You get your monies worth. It’s got more of a subtle taste compared to some of the other flavors. It’s easy to mask the vanilla flavor a bit, not so much with chocolate or strawberry.
On this particular morning….I was having a gnarly craving for protein pancakes.
Since I’ve been knocking out my GPP Fitness workouts first thing in the morning, I am starved and my muscles are craving protein by the time the clock strikes 7:00 AM. LOL.
This would be the perfect time to sample my French Vanilla APS Protein in baking!
BLUEBERRY PROTEIN CAKES
I’ve got the recipe below for ya’ll, so make sure to print it out and share with your ripped friends! Also I would love it if you hashtagged #fromfriestofit & #allproscience on istagram along with the photo of your creation!!! Sharing is caring:)
THAT WOULD BE THE BOMB!
Anyway, check out these ad boys!
They are not quite as thick as pancakes, they are a bit thinner, so they won’t feel heavy in your belly.
I topped mine with a bit of Nature’s Hollow (sugar free) honey, sprinkled with hemp seeds, and a dollop of nut butter.
Play around with this…top with different fruits, seeds, and yogurts.This is a great staple recipe. Try it with different flavor protein powders.
- 1 packet / 1 serving APS French Vanilla Grass Fed Whey Protein
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ½ cup egg whites
- A handful frozen (prefer organic) blueberries.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients first, making sure to really work in that baking powder (it tends to clump)
- Add egg whites and mix well.
- A hand mixer is ideal to remove all chunks, but if you’ve only got a whisk, then whisk away!
- Fold blueberries in last.
- Grease a small skillet, spoon in batter.
- **Please note, that the batter consistency is quite liquidy, so they do expand. Using a small skillet keeps them the right shape.
- **Also don’t pour too much batter at once.
- MAKES 3 HOTCAKES.
PROATS (PROTEIN OATS)
Another GREAT way to add APS French Vanilla Protein is to add it to your oats! Yes..I call them PROATS. Don’t judge. It’s what they’re called in the gym world. Get into it.
Oats are great for you. If you’re gonna eat carbs…eat oats. They are a fab source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and are very low in fat. Although good for you, they can really get boring. And…frankly, I won’t be adding sugar, raisins, and whole milk to them any time soon, so this is my delicious alternative.
If you thought healthy and protein rich oats would be bland and not phenominal….think again. This recipe (below) will teach you a thing or two about how it should be done. You FITCHICK you;)
- ½ cup oats (old fashioned,plain)
- 1 packet/1 serving APS French Vanilla Grass Fed Protein
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup Unsweetened almond milk (I LOVE this one)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup egg whites
- * Psyllium husks (for added fiber)
- * A few drops stevia if you like a bit sweeter. Taste as you go!
- * Chia seeps sprinkled on top
- * A tbsp of your favorite nut butter. ( I LOVE this one)
- In a bowl, mix ½ cup oats and APS protein powder. Add boiling ¾ cup water.
- Stir well.
- Now, add ¾ cup Almond milk, stir and microwave for an extra 40 seconds.
- Add egg whites, and microwave for another 40 seconds- 1 minute.
- Add in cinammon and any other optional ingrediets!
Again, I used the french vanilla whey in this recipe, but do not hesitate to switch it up. Chocolate would be great as well, add a lil stevia, a tbsp of cacao powder, and throw in some cacao nibs and VIOLA!
Ok, sooooo….. this one’s gonna knock your socks off! Let me tell you, I LOVVVEEEEEE CHOCOCLATE!!!! If I could have it morning, noon, and night….I WOULD. For real.I’ve tries a few different chocolate WHEY proteins, but this one is by far the smoothest, lightest, and NON-grainy. Probably due to their high grade ingredients. I’m telling you people!!!!! Do your research! The reason why I liked it better, was that it wasn’t so sweet! I’ve had some issues with some of the chocolate protein powders being over the top sweet. No thanks. I can add stevia if I want it a bit sweeter, you know.
The recipe I’m about to share with you is something you can whip up in merely 12 minutes! Yes, that includes the baking time;)
I make it a priority to make these fun, yummy treats for myself because I deserve them;) Plus, I want to have something really AMAZING tasting, that is healthy for me, not something that is gonna jeopardize my hard work everyday at the gym, training at home, or my dancing. I want results.
So, I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. (really loud this time) “YOU CAN HAVE YOUR CAKE & EAT IT TOO!”
SINGLE SERVING CHOCOLATE PROTEIN CAKE
You’re gonna wanna jump through the screen, and make out with me after you try this cake!! Ekkkkkkkk, its soooo yummy!
I tried the Bavarian chocolate in a shake, but I wanted to get down on some baking with it, so this is what I got!
Pretty standard single serving protein cake, but it won’t ever get old.
- ½ cup APS Bavarian Chocolate Grass Fed Whey
- 2 tbsp 100% cacao powder
- ¾ cup egg whites
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp 100% cacao nibs
- 3 drops stevia (if you like it a bit sweeter)
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients first.
- Then add egg whites and almond milk.
- (add a few drops stevia if you would like)
- Mix very well!
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes
With this recipe, be mindful of over cooking. Check it at 8 mins, but for sure out by 10 minutes. It should be soft and moist. If you don’t get it the first time, don’t fret, most likely your oven runs a bit hot. Keep making it and playing arund with this, cuz it’s sooo worth it;)
** I topped mine with some raw cacao nibs, which did I mention, are natures’ #1 antioxidant. Yep.
* 1 tbsp nut butter
*0% greek yogurt
* Sugar free honey/syrup
* 1/2 tsp coconut oil or ghee (especially if you dried it out a bit)
Want more cake???
Here are some other DELICIOUS recipes:
* Vanilla Almond Mug Cake
* Chocolate & Vanilla Protein Cake
SWEAT PINK SWEAT PINK SWEAT PINK!!!!
Since I was a little girl…(here we go) lol…I have been strawberry obsessed! Fresh strawberries, Strawberry ice cream, Strawberry paletas, strawberry milk, it keeps going. You catch my drift. I’m just gonna go ahead and say…I’m pretty much a STRAWBERRY connoisseur. I’m not surprised that I left this for last!
ok, so here’s the deal. The last Strawberry protein that I tries was About Time Whey protein. It was really damn good! So I was curious to see how this one would match up. In shakes, I prefer the About Time…In baking or other stuff…I way prefer APS Grass Fed. Now, this is strictly on flavor…..As far as ingredients and supplements, I think APS is a bit better quality, most likely why it probably tastes more natural, but About Time has less sugar and carbs. Only by a few, not a huge difference, but you choose;)
Make some room babes…Here they come!
These are so incredibly easy to make, your 6 year old could make them! Andddddd……. with 4th of July around the corner, why not cheat like everyone else?! Except….. you’re not really cheating with these perfect little morsels. Trust me, they taste like a total cheat. That’s part of the fun! A little red, white and….pink..Hmmmmm. You get it.
MINI STRAWBERRY PROTEIN MUFFINS
With ONLY 100 calories for 2 mini muffins/cupcakes (whatever you wanna call em’) you are for sure gonna wanna share this! Make them, snap a pic, follow @fromfriestofit and #hashtag #allproscience for a shoutout!!!
The strawberry flavor is just the perfect amount and not too sweet. They are delicious. This recipe made 9 minis, I’ve scarfed down 5 already today….I feel no remorse. lol. Only LOVE!
Check out the macros… Not badddddd at all!
For NET carbs, Minus the fiber from the carbs to calculate NET CARBS. Carbs from fiber do not affect blood sugar levels, like carbs that aren’t from fiber.
- 1 serving Strawberry Creme APS Grass Fed whey Protein
- 1 tbsp unsweetened/reduced fat shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ ripe banana
- 5 egg whites
- ¼ cup 0% Chobani (nonfat yogurt)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- YOGURT SWIRL:
- 0% Chobani
- 4 drops stevia
- ½ tsp organic vanilla bean powder (u could also use any vanilla flavoring)
- In a medium size bowl, mix all dry ingredients first. Protein, coconut flakes, baking powder, and coconut flour.
- Add egg whites, chobani, and almond milk and ½ ripe mashed banana.
- Put in blender or use hand mixer to thoroughly mix batter.
- Chop up 3-4 washed strawberries and FOLD into batter last.
- Grease your mini-muffin pan. I used a 12 mini muffin pan. You can also make regular sized muffins, you just may have to alter the time)
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes
- (MAKES 9 MINI MUFFINS)
- YOGURT TOPPING:
- with a hand mixer whip the yogurt, stevia, and vanilla until smooth.
- place the whipped topping in a pipping bag and swirl on top of muffins. (you could also use a plastic baggie, and make a small hole in the corner to pipe the yogurt swirl.)
- top with fresh strawberries.
Aren’t they the cutest things ever! Have these made and finished in 20 minutes! I made mine with some shredded coconut for that nutty flavor, but you are more than welcome to omit that step.
Wow…..now that I’ve consumed enough protein powder to haul a semi-truck on my back…..I think my job is done. LOL. that was so fun. Thanks All Pro Science for sharing your product for further review!
Wait….. we’re not finished here!!!!!!
You really think I would finish this off without a giveaway!!!
Not 1…BUT 2 lucky winners will each win the following:
**one box of APS single packs in our Complete 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein
**one shaker cup
**one $50 gift certificate
Enter… and you can win!!!!
Ok, last thing;)
Enter the code F2FIT at checkout and recieve 25% off your order!!!
Disclaimer: I was not paid by anyone to do this review. These are solely my opinions.
I hope you enjoy! love uuuuuuu