- English muffins
- 1 per person, cut in half
- (I use whole grain or high fiber)
- Thick cut ham
- (use a round cutout for a perfect circle)
- organic eggs
- (2 eggs per person)
- 3/4 Cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of healthier butter substitution (ex: smart balance)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Fresh dill to taste or for garnish
- Use a double boiler.
- Over simmering water, Beat yogurt,lemon juice, egg yolks well.
- Stirring or using a whisk frequently, until sauce has thickened, about 15 min.
- Remove from heat and add salt, pepper, dill
- Toast english muffins
- Brown ham on pan.
- poach or fry eggs. (if poaching, add a splash of white vinegar to water.
- (I prefer to fry in skillet with a lil coconut oil. )
Good morning beauties! So happy to be back and sharing again! This fine Sunday morning is devoted to enjoying a rest day and cookin’ up a delicious brunch.
This Sunday is particularly special because it’s freakin Masters weekend!!!!!!!!Helloooooo! The Super Bowl of golf y’all. Das right.
My bu’s in town, so it’s been fun cooking up something a lil different other than my typical egg white omelette with a side of veggies, lol. (I tend to save my carbs for dinner and wine)
Sunday brunch at Rancho Relaxo (mi casa) though, is always a treat. Todays agenda includes…
- champagne+oj….Ummm. A mimosa. Or 4. Or 5 lol
- Eating this bomb ass breakfast of eggs benedict
- Hitting the driving range for some much need golf swing practice with Kyle
- Meeting up with cousins and friends at Rocco’s Tavern to watch the last day of the Masters Tournament.
- Afternoon siesta (it is a day of rest after all:)
- Homemade pizzas for dinner
Benedict is absolutely a brunch staple. Always been a fave for me. I find one freakin problem with it though…
The hollandaise sauce…listen, don’t get me wrong, it’s the bombbbb, but just soooo rich and butter heady. Honestly, I just can’t even. Obviously every once in a while is fine, but when brunching every Sunday is a hobby, you try and find healthier alternatives, lol.
This recipe for a yogurt based hollandaise sauce cuts the calories by 80% and tastes divine! All the ingredients and instructions are above, so try it out and let me know what you think!
Its 75 degrees out here today, and we’re loving it! Happy SUNDAY! xoxo