- 1/2 cup quaker oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 a small grated apple
- 3 egg whites OR 1 egg
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein (use low sugar)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tsp sugar sub. I like to use Erythritol or xylitol
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Topping Optional:
- 1/2 cup Fat Free sour cream (I use Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 1/2 packet stevia
- a pinch of vanilla bean or extract.
Hi guys! Hope everyone is having a fabulous week so far:) A few days ago, I woke up super early (4 faaaakin 30 AM earlyyyy) with the sudden urge to bake. So, I started researching recipes that I could make into something guilt free. I’m finally feeling like my body is slowly but surely normalizing after the carb-o-load that was, Italy…and the 3 weeks after that, that I just DIDN’T GIVE A FAAAAAK. Lol. Although feeling back to normal, I’m still craving pastries, croissants, and all things sweeeeeeet. Yes, you absolutely can get addicted to sugar and carbs. The gelato I had 2x a day didn’t help the addiction. Nope.
Anyway ya’ll, I came up with these BOMB ass muffins that make you feel like you’re having a cheat, when in fact…it’s a GUILT FREE TREAT! Take a look at the ingredients up top…If you are like me, and like to whip up healthy treats…most of those things you should always keep around because they are a great base for healthy baking. Lets see the macros on these babies…
**Note: I MADE MINE INTO 12 MINI MUFFINS (50 CALS FOR 1, 100 CALS FOR 2) but, you can make a batch of 6 regular sized muffins. Topping is added in the macros**
(1 regular sized muffin. Mini= 50 calls each)
FAT: 1.4 G
CARBS: 11 NET
SUGARS: 6.5 G
I am completely obsessed! Here are you instructions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350*
2. Combine oats and almond milk and microwave for 1 minute.
3. Add in wet ingredients… applesauce, grated apple, egg whites (or 1 whole egg) and mix in.
4. In a separate bowl, mix coconut flour, protein powder (I used Met RX protein plus Vanilla), your choice of sugar sub, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon .
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
6. Grease or spray your muffin tins and fill evenly with mixture. (Not too full) Should make 6 regular sized muffins.
7. Bake at 350* for 20-25 mins.
Now…. For the TOPPING!
This is totally optional, but it is counted in the macros above. If you remove this step, it’ll save you about 20 calories. I used fat free sour cream with stevia and vanilla, BUT…you can do whatever your lil heart desires. I did it this way because it keeps it SUPER LOW in CALS, but you could also do a fat free cream cheese topping or even 0% greek yogurt.
I keep them in my fridge and have 2 mini muffins before heading to the gym in the mornings! They provide my body with the perfect balance of nutrients to fuel my body, and give me great energy to go a little harder! PLEASE try this recipe and let me know your thoughts!!! I’m open to tweaking it if need be! Sharing is caring, So, make sure to PIN IT (below) so you can always refer back!