Happy Sunday babes!
As promised on my Instagram, I am bringing you my favorite and super EASY recipe for pickled radishes! On a recent trip to my annoyingly jam-packed Whole Foods, I decided to pick up produce that I normally wouldn’t purchase on my weekly shopping trip. These babies were calling my name! Big pink balls….hmmm. I’ll take em’.
Lol. Anyyyyyyway… I promise they’re REALLY delicious raw, pickled, or cooked. Why should you consume these big pink balls…
- Radishes are very good for the liver and stomach, and it acts as a powerful detoxifier too. That means that it purifies the blood and eliminating toxins and waste.
- Radishes are considered roughage, which means that it is composed of indigestible carbohydrates. This facilitates digestion, water retention, and it fixes constipation, which is one of the major causes of piles.
- Radishes are diurectic in nature, which means that they increase the production of urine. It also cleans out the kidneys and inhibits infections in the kidneys.
- Radishes are very filling, which mean that they satisfy your hunger without running up your calorie count. High in fiber and low on the glycemic index
- Are rich in vitamin-C, folic and anthocyanins, they have been connected to treating many types of cancer, particularly colon, kidney, intestinal, stomach and oral cancer. Radishes are part of the Brassica family, and like the other members of that taxonomic classification, these cruciferous vegetables are packed with antioxidants.
For more info… read up on Organic Facts. *source
This glorious pickled veggie is fabulous over some BOMBA carne asada tacos, or some Soyriso tacos for all my Vegetarians out there Throw some on a salad, and even use up some of the vinegar as dressing! Helllllo!!!
Point is…it’s very versatile! Hell, even throw in some sliced carrots and jalapeños for some more bite!!!
- One bunch or organic radishes
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup vinegar (Iused organic apple cider vinegar, but you could use white, or red)
- 2 cloves chopped garlic ( I like it really garlic-y, otherwise leave whole)
- 3 tbsp honey (I used Natures Hollow -sugar free)
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
***Rinse radishes and cut the green tops off.
***Use a mandolin to thinly slice radishes or use a very sharp knife. Add into mason jar or other canning jar that can be securely tightened. Add chopped or whole garlic, and peppercorns
***In a saucepan, heat up water, vinegar, honey (or sugar) and salt until BEFORE it boils.
***Let the liquid cool before adding it to glass jar of radishes.
***Once cool, add mixture into the jar and tightly seal.
KEPT IN THE FRIGDE FOR UPTO 2 WEEKS.
Hope you all enjoy! It’s super easy, and remember, you can pickle faaaaakin ANYTHING! Pick up some glass canning jars and lesssss go!
Please let me know if you try this out!