Happy weekend my loves!!! Today is Saturday, ( I’m sure you won’t be getting this post till tomorrow though;) but….I wanted to start catching you all up on how well the LIVE FIT TRAINER program has been going.
I just finished 2 weeks, and I feel super fit. I’ve been lifting heavier than I have ever lifted, without any cardio. Well, except my Zumba class on Mondays;) shhhh. Don’t tell Jamie Eason
Anyway…if I didn’t know the extreme importance of a healthy diet then…… I sure doooooooo now!!!!! Wow! I was actually imaging my body looking like a fuckin gladiator with all this lifting and no cardio, but in fact, the opposite. My body feels tighter, not bigger. Here’s the mistake people make. Lifting heavy with no cardio….and EATING BAD!!!!! That’s when you look big. Because my meals have been super clean and consistent calorie intake, I’ve been able to stay lean WHILE bulking. Genius.
Yes, it’s not the easiest thing to do. Eat healthy all the time. Honestly, this program has you eating beyond healthy. You must make it a lifestyle. Weighing your food, counting your calories, making sure you are in the right %’s within your macros. (protein-fats-carbs) it’s a science people, and I get it. It’s not for everyone.
So far, this is working. It’s also helped me control my binging. Myfitnesspal has kept me feeling really accountable. I’m guessing that’s what I needed. If you want results…you’ve got to make changes in your life that must be permanent. Just like my friends who have had babies…I always tell them when they’re feeling like cows after giving birth, I say… “Hey, it took 10 months to get your body like that, it ain’t gonna take 1 month to take it off!” Ok, not like I’ve ever been preggo, but…its the same thing with women struggling with weight all their lives. It took 29 yrs for my body to look like this, it ain’t gonna take 2 wks to get it exactly to where I want it. It’s about being patient, consistency, and 75% diet & 25% fitness. Your head has GOT to be in it. Trust me, throwing in the towel, which I’ve done many times over, is much easier, but seriously chicks. Lets get it together. Enough already.
Here are some of this weeks FAVORITES!!!!
All orange everythaaaaaang! New NIKE workout tights.
Typical morning breakfast:
1/2 cup egg whites, spinach, assorted veggies, and 1/4 cup quinoa scramble with a dollop of Trader Joes fat free sour cream ( 15 calories for 2 tbsp) and hot sauce
6 oz lean chicken breast. ( preferably organic, veggie fed) —PROTEIN
1/4 cup quinoa—STARCH
1/2 cup steamed broccoli & zucchini—VEGGIES
Add a tbsp salsa.
Story of my life… Protein prepping… I ran out mid week 😉 tilapia and chicken breast.
Favorite afternoon snack:
Jamie Eason’s CARROT CAKE PROTEIN BARS:
94 calories for 2 squares.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup erythritol, Truvia, or Ideal ( I used xylitol) or even a couple packets of stevia
- 8 oz baby food carrots
- 4 oz water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, whey protein, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix egg whites, Splenda, baby food carrots and water (optional) in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.
- Pour ingredients into dish.
- Bake 20-30 minutes.
- Makes 16 squares.
Makes 16 squares.
Check it out…already have got them packed and ready in zip lock baggies. 2 a day= a 94 calorie balanced snack. This is how we make our lives easier boos:)
VEGGIE STUFFED PEPPERS!
These are wildly delicious and only 123 calories for one whole stuffed bad boy!!!! Absolutely amazing!
Clearly, you could add some ground turkey or lean beef, but I’ve already done that here.
This is sooooo easy! Try them out. I’ve been really into using nutritional yeast in dishes lately, and it adds this really fantastic, kind of cheesy taste to things. I am dying over it. Soooo good.
Tis recipe makes 4 large stuffed peppers.
4 servings—- 125 calories per serving. 4 gr FAT. 10 gr NET CARBS. 9 gr PROTEIN!
- 4 large peppers (any color)
- 1 large organic zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup organic grated carrot
- ¾ cup chopped white mushrooms
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 3 tbsp peeled canned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 egg
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan
- spices: salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash seasonings, oregano, red pepper, garlic powder
- Topping: Fat free sour cream and onion mix in a pouch.
- Make a circular cut through the top of your peppers with a knife. remove all seeds.
- Set aside.
- Chop all your veggies & garlic like pic above.
- In a med-lrg pan, greased with a bit of pam or coconut oil spray, add all your chopped veggies, garlic, and seasonings.
- Sautee until softened. About 10 minutes.
- Once softened, remove from heat, and place in a lrg mixing bowl.
- Here, you will add…egg, nutritional yeast, parmesan, and the 3 tbsps tomatoes from the can along with some more seasonings.
- with that mix, you will fill the peppers to the rim.
- Cook in a small baking dish where they can be standing upright.
- Bake for 35 minutes on 375 degrees.
My new GO TO DIP!!
Trader Joes is my bestie right now…
Fat free sour cream ( 15 cals for 2 tbsp) mixed with TJ’S onion mix! Bomb.com. I topped these awesome stuffed peppers with a tbsp of this mix, and fell in love. I’ve been adding a tbsp to everything, especially on my eggies in the morning;)
And last but not least……
Probably maybe favorite meal of the day…last meal of the day….
PROTEIN BEFORE BED!!!
CHOCOLATE CASEIN “rice” PUDDING!
Holy mother of god.
2 packages of SHIRATAKI Miracle Rice
2 1/2 cups SILK unsweetened vanilla almond milk (30 cals per cup)
1 tbsp unflavored gelatin
2 tbsp fat free sour cream or 0% Greek yogurt
4-5 drops stevia
Remove “rice” from package, place in meash colander and rinse for a while.
In another bowl, mix 1 tbsp of unflavored gelatin with the 2 1/2 cups of milk & microwave for 1 min 30 sec.
Remove and whisk in casein protein.
Once combined, add stevia & sour cream (or 0%greek yogurt) and mix thoroughly. Place covered in fridge for a few hrs. Eat as night meal.
ONLY 118 CALORIES A SERVING. Serves 3
OHHH and of course, I can’t be forgetting to share my re-feed meal for this week. Lots of sushi last night along with a couple glasses of wine and beer.
How many calories over my max of 1460 you ask?..
Well….this meal took me 600 calories over my macro limit for the day. Taking me up to 2099.
Not bad though. Generally, refeed meals will be around 400-600 over your macros.
Yuuuuummmmmyyyyyy. I enjoyed it like such a fatty.
THIS WEEK IN WORKOUTS:
Here’s a little FIT-spiration for you out there!!!!
KEEP UP THAT GREAT WORK!
We’re gonna have to remember this heading into week 3 of the LIVE FIT TRAINING PROGRAM because instead of 4x a week workouts….it’s now 5x a week.
Man up ladies!
MEANWHILE…..sighhhhhhh, DREAMING OF THESE…..
Beats by Dr. dre.