OH HEY BODYBUILDER!
Tired of all those protein bars out there, full of sugar, additives, and ingredients you can’t pronounce?? I AM!!!
The only protein bars that I’ve found so far that I absolutely LAAAAV are QUEST BARS, but honestly, they can get quite expensive sooooooooo….this is the best alternative I’ve found, plus I’m obsessed with pumpkin. All year round.
I’ve made sure to attach a printout option as well as the nutritional facts.
Only 77 calories each, you will NOT feel a bit of guilt. I originally found this recipe on monimeals.combut altered it a bit to satisfy my diet needs.
Hope you guys enjoy;)
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ cup organic (canned) pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar free honey (Natures Hollow)
- ¼ cup oat flour (I just ground up my oats in a coffee grinder, but could also use a food processor or bullet)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder. I use About Time Whey
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon (or less if you feel so)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Optional: crushed walnuts or pecans sprinkled over the top before placing in oven.
- Preheat ove to 350 F.
- In one bowl, mix the egg whites, pumpkin, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- In another small bowl whisk the oat flour, protein powder, and all the spices along with the baking powder.
- Add this to the wet ingredients and make sure to mix very well.
- Pour mixture into a baking loaf pan or a square pan coated with cooking spray.
- Add the nuts if you want over the top.
- Bake about 18-20 min or until a tooth comes out clean. Enjoy!
My diet has been yo-yo-ing for a bit now, and realize that is the reason why my body isn’t changing much. Those of you who know me, know I’m quite extreme when it comes to it. I’m trying not to be so obsessive and stress so much about it, so in light of my obsessive/binger nature, I’ve decided to go 50 DAYS STRONG without cheating or binging to try and alter how I view food.
It’s funny, I was gonna do 100 days, but then realized that my best friends wedding was during that time and thought…hmmm, ” ain’t nobody got time for dat” and frankly, 100 days would be really Elgin hard for me, so lets start here…
50 days. I am again, breaking up with food. Kinda feels like I’m going sober.
Ok, so who’s with me….
Repost this to your insta friends and lets see how many people will do it with us, yeah?
If you read my FF2F Guide to Weight Loss then you know that it’s all about diet! This is truly how you change your body. I’ve tried everything. I workout like a maniac, and the only way I actually reap the benefits of all that hard work, is if I really cut portions and stop binging and stressing. It all adds up y’all.
This is part of the process.. Check it out. Follow these tips.
Print or pin this skinny girls grocery list, and stick to it. For those of you that are like me….just because its on this list and healthy doesn’t mean you get to gorge on it. NO, you can’t have the whole bag of almonds, and NO, you cannot eat a whole roasted chicken in one serving! Lol
MY WEEK IN WORKOUTS
Here’s so far the plan this week for workouts…. So far I’ve kept to it…well, except today…I didn’t get a chance to run;( womp wooooooomp, but I promise to make up for it. No really, I swear;)
I find that if I write down the workout plan for the week, I’m most likely going to stick to it.
Does it help you at all? Lately, I’ve been trying to lift more. I’ve been good on my cardio, but I feel like my muscles are getting smaller. Ugh.
These inspirations I found while going “pin” crazy. Sending you all some motivation before starting your week next week!
For “ON THE GO” gals:
NEW FAVORITE PRODUCT
Oooohhhh girrrrl, have I got the best new make up!!!!! New obsession. CHANTECAILLE gel foundation. The texture is flawless, and will last you forever. A bit pricey, but worth it for the quality. My color is “cream.”