Happy hump day babes!!! So far the week has been quite busy, and I’ve been fortunate enough to squeeze in some really amazing workouts as well. I’ve only had a few days this month where my feet have flared up. Thank you geeeezuzzz! ( if you don’t know, I had to quit Zumba sadly due to gnarly foot pain) I’ve been powering through, and avoiding too much pressure and compression on my lil tootsies. It’s been fun though getting creative in the gym I must say though.
Anyway, last week we had an actual rainy and semi-cold weekend ( for LA, LOL) which inspired this next recipe! Finally, I’m sharing a SAVORY recipe! Whattttttt!?!?!? I know, not my usual…but I think it was time, don’t you!? So with that cozy weather last week….I was in need of a hearty, protein rich soup.
One night, while pinning….I came across a recipe that inspired this baby. Of course….I had to do some adjustments;) I wish I could give a shoutout to the chickie who originally posted this on Pinterest…but paper entry I didn’t pin it. Hmmm weird.
Here it is…in all it’s EFFIN glory! This recipe makes quite a large batch, so I would either: FREEZE IT…OR PORTION IT OUT FOR A WEEK OF MEAL PREP!
It will have 5-6 servings, although I calculated it for 5 servings… I like big portions;)
- 2 Large chicken breasts. ( I use organic/free range)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 small can Ortega fire roasted green chillies
- 3 minced cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4-5 cups chicken broth (I use Low Sodium)
- 1½ tsp cumin
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup white beans (I used Trader Joes Organic Great Northern beans in can)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn
- 4oz fat free cream cheese or lite neufchatel cheese
- juice of ½ a lime
- ¼-1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Optional: grated monterrey jack cheese or cojita cheese & broken up tortilla pieces.
- In a dutch oven or lrg soup pan, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- **Add in chopped onions
- **Add in 2 chicken breasts on med heat
- **Soften onions & sear chicken breast
- **Add minced garlic
- **Add chicken broth
- **Add all spices
- **Bring that to a boil.Once boiling…turn knob to SIMMER.
- **Simmer for 15 minutes.
- **Remove chicken and SHRED it..throw it back in.
- **Add in 4oz fat free cream cheese while on simmer. (It will chunk up, just keep stirring and removing lumps.
- **Add in corn
- **Add in ½ cup of the beans whole & the other ½ cup of the beans blended with a couple tbsp of your broth. This adds thickness and creaminess to the chilli.
- **Add juice of ½ a lime
- Simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Top with an extra squeeze of lime, fresh cilantro, and cheese:)
Here’s a shot of most of the major ingredients…. I forgot to show the fat free cream cheese, but it’s in there. 4 oz of it. It’s super easy to make. Soup is the absolute best! You literally throw shit in a pot….and viola!!!
Also…feel free to add SPICE! As spicy as you would like…amazeballz. Also…I usually make my recipes really low carb…and I promise this is still under my “good carb guidelines”
These beans are high in protein, and there is only ONE CUP of them in the whole recipe. Get into it. Byeeeeee
I topped it with grated low fat Monterrey Jack cheese, a squeeze of lime, and fresh chopped cilantro. OMMMMMGGGGGGGG. I’ve been eating this ishhhh for 4 freakin days, and I’m still not sick of it:) lol
Seriously… Make this ASAP! Oh…especially if you’re in the mid west or east coast..where it’s fuckinnnnn COLD!!!!!
Ok, moving on to “WHAT PAULA ATE WEDNESDAY” when I say Wednesday…. I mean errrrrrredayyyyy
Yep. I am sooooo ABSOLUTELY OBSESSED with my 40 calorie Thin Slim Foods vanilla & Cinnamon cookies!!! I mean 40 CALORIES! They are dense and filling and DELICIOUS!!!! #cantstopwontstop
If you don’t believe me… Purchase here..try for yourself…and you will thank my ass. Fo realllzzzzzz. I literally bought everything this company had available, no joke.
HERE, You can see the nutrition facts, and how they are so low carb, (2 net carbs) and such little calories.
I don’t just share food, I promise. Not that it’s that cool for you….but I like to share my fresh flowers. I flower shop each week, and always change out the water… Lol. It’s a hobby. Spring forward…..
This week, I’m also proud to announce…my POLAR WATCH has Made a comeback in my life. Lol. I went big yesterday;) if you’re looking for a heart rate monitor…the FT60 is a great buy! It’s mid range affordable…and is suuuuupppper accurate! I’d invest in one, if you’re into it.
Have I told you lately how much I LOVEEEEE my salon!? Ugh…. #thiscourtyard is my heaven when I have a break. Lol. Just a lil daytime nap time. 😉 this was me yesterday during my lunch break.
Come visit me at Román Salon for a fab new do;)
Can you spot me in there?… 😉
I always end my posts with a little inspiration/motivation. I need to keep this in mind…like, everyday. Remember….you can’t out excessive a bad diet. Slow down, enjoy WHOLE foods, and drink lots of water. 😉
Have a wonderful rest of your week, try out this recipe and pin it!!!! Lol