My best discovery YET!!!! As you know, I follow a lot of different blogs for ideas. I stumbled upon this powerpunched little cookie on one of my fave foodie blogger sites. When I took a look at the ingredients, I was stunned at, not only how few ingredients it took, but how extremely healthy, & protein rich they were. Hello! right up my alley!
For me, when I’m not doing my fasted morning cardio, I like to get a little protein in my body before hittin the gym, so these are absolutely perfect!
I found them so spot on, that I really did not need a substitution for anything. They are dense, and delicious, with a tiny crunch from the chia. Completely satisfying when compared to a regular ol’ cookie in my eyes.
A couple of notes:
-Be mindful of the amount of time they stay in the oven, they cook really fast without you realizing.
– It took my a couple of times making these to get the hang of the temp and time.
– If using unflavored protein, add a bit of stevia and vanilla bean extract, or paste, really, you could even actually use chocolate protein too. yummmm, I gotta try that next!
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds Flax meal)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 lg banana
- 1-2 tbsp darkest chocolate chips you can find.
- 1 scoop PB2 (I use the protein scooper, other wise 1-1 1/2 tbsp )
- 2 scoops protein powder
As you scroll down, check out the nutrition facts!!!! RIDICULOUS!
-Preheat oven to 350.In a large mixing bowl add 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder. I used vanilla Collagen Sport. (you can use vegan protein powder to make these cookies vegan)
- 1 scoop of PB2. If you don’t have PB2 available, you can use all natural peanut butter.
- Mash in the banana, PB2 and protein powder until creamy. Make sure the banana is really ripe, otherwise, I noticed it’s quite hard to mash up to the right consistency
- Add in: 1/4 cup of ground flax seeds and 2 tsp of chia seeds and be sure to keep mixing very well. I use a fork to mix in this type of baking. I find it easiest.
Nutrition: (Per Cookie) 90 Calories, 3.5g Fat, 123g Potassium, 10g Carbs, 3g Fiber, 5.5g Sugar, 8g Protein
- Mix in 1-2 tbsps of dark chocolate chips. I used super dark chocolate, if you can’t find 85% or above, try carob chips, even vegan carob chips are yummy too.
- Grease or foil a baking sheet with cooking spray. I like coconut oil spray, or smart balance spray is good too.
- don’t expect these cookies to rise, so create a cookie ball in your hand, then flatten out onto the baking sheet.
- -Bake 7-9 minutes, or until cookies are firm. Be on the lookout and be smelling for doneness. Edges should be golden brown.
Thank uuuuuuu for the inspiration Taralynn, you are genius!
source: undressed skeleton