Best meatballs EVER! First time I tried these was with my best friend Amy. She got me hooked on this recipe, and my god they are perfect.
- 3/4 lb lean ground turkey
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped rolled oats (to resemble breadcrumbs) Panko crumbs taste the best, but not the healthiest.
- seasoned with italian seasonings
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 small grated carrots or 1 lrg one
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 small grated onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- bottle of RAO’S tomato basil & parmesan sauce
Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
in a large bowl, mix all ingredients with hands preferably 😉
Using your hands to mold meatballs into 2 in in diameter sized balls.
Place meatballs in a lined baking sheet and BAKE 20-25 minutes.
Take out of the oven, and set aside.
In a large saucepan, heat up your RAO’s tomato and parmesan sauce. Add meatballs and coat with sauce. Keep stirring.
Once sauce begins to bubble, about 7-10 min. remove from heat.
Serve alone or along with zuchinni ribbons, spaghetti squash, or gluten free pasta.
Top with diced or torn basil, and fresh parmesan.